Sunday, August 10, 2014

Holy cow, didn't realize it had been so long...

So, tomorrow morning, at 7AM, I am having a C-section.

Lots of time between my last post and now. Lots of life since the last post. I really had no idea it had been so long since I visited this blog. The day to day of life with a small child, the days just pass so quickly!

I've had a bit of a hard time with the pregnancy, I've gestational diabetes for about 4 months now, I've had gestational hypertension for most of the pregnancy, I've had low thyroid for most of the pregnancy. The hospital I'm at has a pretty hard line about not delivering or inducing babies earlier than 39 weeks unless it's absolutely necessary, and my dr has been saying for 2 weeks that if he had ANY reason to take the baby early he would have, he's been worried about me! But my BP, while a little high at times, and we had 1 scare that put me in Labor and Delivery for a few hours, has been quite stable for the last 2 weeks, my sugars have been ok for the last 2 weeks, the amniotic fluid level has been good, baby has been moving around quite a bit, so we have had no reason to go early! Yeah!

Today, though, is 39 weeks. That makes tomorrow the first day available to have this boy. So, tomorrow, we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM to start checking in and getting IVs and prepping, so that at 7AM we can start the surgery.

I was a bit anti-C-section again, but size scans show this little guy to be about 9 1/2lbs, so I've come around to the idea...that seems pretty big to be pushing out of an opening in a delicate part of my anatomy. Plus, every doctor in the practice so far that has seen me has agreed that the c-section is the best thing for me, considering the last delivery. MSJ is convinced it's so that none of the doctors contradict one another, but my doc is the head high risk obstetrics, and I'm currently his only active OB patient (he's older, and it's a teaching hospital, so he does lots of classes and executive stuff), so I tend to believe him when he says this really is whats for the best.

I really want to get back to this blog. I enjoy writing it, and it's a nice release for me when I'm active about it. I'm thinking maybe I need to put this on my phone's calendar, to remind me to post every few days! I have a reminder to take a shower on my phone, this is at least that important, right?

Anyway. Whether I'm a regular post-er again or not I'll update about the delivery and post a pic of the new baby soon, I should have a few days with some time on my hands while I'm at the hospital. HA! I hope a few minutes.

No comments:

Counter