Thursday, November 15, 2012

35 weeks~

I'm such a bad blogger.

Here I am, on bedrest, well, it's actually couch-rest at home, and I'm still not blogging.

So far it's been an eventful pregnancy. I'm gestationally diabetic, which I've been controlling well with diet, but my fasting numbers were a little too high for Dr. H, so I take glyburide, but it bottoms me out so I can only take it every other day, and only with LOTS of protein during the day, otherwise my sugar drops below 50, and that feels yucky! shaky and sweaty and hot and cold, can't concentrate, it sucks.

About 2 weeks ago my blood pressure began slowly going up. I was told to start tracking my blood pressure at home, and if it got above a certain level I was to call. I did a 24 hour urine collection (oh boy!) to test for protein, to test for pre-eclampsia/toxemia. it was negative, but Doc kept an eye on my blood pressure. then last week I gained 8lbs in a week, and my blood pressure spiked at my appointment, so the doc put me in the hospital for 24hr observation and another 24 hour urine collection. still no protein, but was sent home on modified bed rest. On Tuesday i had a bad reading, so she sent me home on full bed rest, and ANOTHER 24hr urine collection. I turned that in this morning, so hopefully it will still be negative, but my blood pressure is still rising. the doc gives me about 2 weeks before she thinks I'll either go into labor on my own, or my blood pressure will force an induction.

I'm at 35 weeks tomorrow, everyone's goal is to make it to 37 weeks. It's not great, but the longer peanut is inside me the better it will all be.

So I'm being a good girl, sitting on the couch with my feet up, watching tv and reading and being bored. Ladies from the congregation have offered to come sit with me, but since I'm not in that great a mood, sitting with someone that I have to be nice/kind to isn't really that enticing. 

I'll just have to take it a day at a time and see how next week goes. I have dr appointment this afternoon, and then 2 next week again.  No guarantees, but I'll try to post again soon.

1 comment:

ste said...

I've been wondering how you're doing. Thanks for the update. Here's to getting you and peanut to 37 weeks! (I hope you're finding things interesting enough on the boob tube.)

Counter