Monday, September 17, 2012

My poor husband!

Perhaps, for some of my IRL friends, this may be TMI. This is a post about sex.

Poor MSJ.

With the pregnancy I have zero sex drive. ZERO. NONE. no interest at all. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I don't really have any interest in it.

Normally I have a pretty active sex drive, and that has worked well for both of us. And I'm not necessarily opposed to sex, I'm just not going to seek it out. That puts MSJ at a bit of an impasse. He wants sex, but he knows I'm just going along for the ride, I'm getting nothing out of it. That feels sort of wrong to him, like he's using me, and that isn't sitting well with him. He wants me to be actively engaged, and I try, but really, I'm not.

On Sunday he tried seducing me, but it was so obviously not working. Mostly he was just annoying me. That made me laugh, which made him sigh. I told him I loved him, and that it would get better after I have the baby.

So for now, he's having to make do with rather perfunctory sex, I'm involved merely as a spectator. It's a bit disheartening for both of us.

Someone please tell me my sex drive will return post-partum!

No comments:

Counter