Thursday, September 13, 2012

I don't understand...

I don't have a problem with hunting. I really don't.

I understand hunting deer or elk for food, and antlers, but most use the meat, so I understand that.

I understand hunting predators if you're a rancher. I don't always agree with it, but I understand the motive to protect your investment. I really hate hunting wolves and large cats because mostly they don't take out cows and sheep, but if they are preying on your livelihood, I do understand.

I'm not a huge fan of hunting for furs, but I understand that, too. You have to make a living, and people want furs. Hell, I want a fur coat, I can't condemn someone for making a living killing things that I want turned into a coat.

But seriously.

A zebra?

You're not going to eat it. You're probably not going to use the skin. The most you're probably going to do is cut the head off and mount it on the wall.

And how hard is it, really, to take down a zebra? And I KNOW you didn't go to africa, so that means you took it down in a hunting park. With a fence. Now, minor props because you used a bow, but still. A Zebra??? You could have accomplished the same thing by waiting for one to die naturally, then cut the head off and mount it.

I just don't understand...

1 comment:

ste said...

I'm with you on this one!

Counter