Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finally!

I was a little overweight when I got married. On our honeymoon cruise I gained about 7lbs. I know I know, I ate for crap and a lot of it.

The pounds came on, a little at a time. Then I got pregnant and gained 5lbs before the miscarriage. I am the heaviest I've ever been.

In the last 3 years I've tried Weight Watchers, twice, low fat, low cal, low fat and cal, slimfast, another online diet tracker thing that I can't remember the name of, and even one of those diet pill prescriptions. Nothing has worked.

Oh, I might lose 1 or 2 lbs, but nothing that encourages me to stick with it.

So MSJ and I decided to reduce carbs after christmas. Not No-Carb, just smarter food choices. To be a lifestyle eating change, not a temporary diet.

Still, nothing.

So my trainer suggested I try the strict first 2 week No Carb diet, sort of South Beach/Atkins thing. I try to keep the total carbs under 20. It's only for 2 weeks, to kick start my system. I was really disappointed to see no change. But then I got on the scale this morning. Holy Cow! Since weighing myself on Sunday I've lost 2 1/2 lbs! Great news! I can't maintain this level of strict dieting, I'm already getting a little cranky when I get hungry, and I miss fruit and vegetables, and I'm getting tired of just meat, but I can totally do a low-carb diet.

Finally, something is working.

Now, I'll probably get pregnant right quick and it won't matter anyway.  I guess that would be ok with me. :)

1 comment:

rockle said...

i was just going to say ... you'll lose those pesky 10 lbs. and then gain 25 or whatever. BUT IN THE BEST WAY. not from eating sugar wafers at every meal, like i've been doing. (grad school. desperately hungry. send help.)

Counter