Monday, January 9, 2012

Cooking Attempt # 1? sure, let's say #1

I thought I had written about it, but I couldn't find the link. Oh well.

I used to think that I was a decent cook. I'm not, really. Darn. I guess that's one of those things that takes practice. I thought I might have absorbed that during my childhood of helping mom and grandma cook.

I'm trying the low-carb diet right now. In addition to a strenuous gym that I've joined.

So I found some good low-carb recipes, just to get started. I found a recipe for Unstuffed Cabbage. Now, I like cabbage rolls. Not that I LOVE them, or really even like-like them, but I do enjoy them once in awhile. So I tried this recipe. I don't know if it was the type of pan I used, or maybe the cabbage was cut up too small, and I added too much onion to the meat balls, and there wasn't enough sauce. Now, that last one may have been because I didn't use the best pan. Also, it was pretty bland, the recipe made it sound like it was a taste sensation.

I have a good husband, who ate his plate with a little help from ketchup and A1. That totally didn't offend me, as it really wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. And when I said something about maybe trying it again, different pan, much much more salt and spices, he told me to go ahead, that he would be willing to try it again. Isn't he sweet?

1 comment:

rockle said...

that's how you know he's a keeper. :-)

Counter