Friday, December 2, 2011

Being nice

Because I live a ways from work, and traffic can be pretty bad some days, I usually leave the house between 7 and 7:30 (which is WAY earlier than my last job!!). I usually get to work between 8:15 and 9am, depending on whether or not there is an accident on 1 of the 2 roads I travel on. This morning was an easy drive, a little under an hour from driveway to desk. Around 8:20. There was no one else here. In a lab space that will hold up to 40 people, though right now it probably houses around 35, I was the first one in. By, like, 20 minutes. Now, I like to leave work at or near 5pm. I'd rather get here early, get stuff done, and go home, but it seems like almost all of the rest of the lab gets here late and stays to past 6pm or later. Earlier this week a guy I'll be working peripherally with STARTED a several hour protocol at 3:30 in the afternoon. He would be here until at least 6:30, probably closer to 7 or 7:30. All of this means that I probably won't have much help with animal experiments, because I'll want to start them early, and no one else will be here. I'll probably cave in and start later, because I don't see 3 or 4 people changing their habits, when the 1 new lady is the one outlier.

Man, sometimes I hate being accommodating.

No comments:

Counter