Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Once Again, all over the place

I had a followup appointment with the ob/gyn this morning. I've been fine, haven't cried in a coupe of days. Then I had to sit in that little room, with an ultrasound going in the next room, and even I could hear the heartbeat, and I almost lost it all over again. The Dr is very good ob/gyn. Well, at least as far as I know her now. Anyway, she was very kind, and sorry I had to come into the office, she knew it was hard, blah blah blah. End of story: yearly in February, wait 2 period cycles before trying again, let her know if any problems arise.

Then, because I was in the building and I'm lazy like that, I went to Employee Health, and asked to get an MMR vaccine. I had no titer, but I was pregnant so they wouldn't give it to me while I was pregnant. The nurse asked me how old the baby was, and I told her, and she said it had happened to her, that God would give me lots of pretty babies.

Then she showed me this shot! I had a minor meltdown, it was 1ml of clear liquid, which means the adjuvant wasn't as painful, but it was a big shot! I was so afraid it would hurt I started to tear up. She told me to take a breath, and she jabbed me. It didn't hurt that much, and then I felt sort of stupid that I cried a little. I apologized several times. Stupid hormones.

Good thing I got an appointment with my Psychiatrist tomorrow.

No comments:

Counter