Monday, November 21, 2011

All over the place

The last few days have been better. Physically I wasn't doing great thursday and friday, but today is better, physically and mentally. MSJ had a funeral saturday. I was going to attend, as the Pastor's Wife, but we discussed it and thought it might not be a good idea for me to go to a funeral in my current fragile emotional state.

I had a really cool dream saturday morning. Don't really remember what it was about, just that it was cool. So when it was over I went ahead and got out of bed. MSJ had make eggs and bacon, and I added a small soy sausage patty. Plus, I had 2! count that 1,2!! cups of coffee. it tasted really good!

I listened to NPR's Wait Wait don't tell me. I watched Seinfeld. I did a little laundry. I napped. I tried curing a cast iron skillet that we inherited. I used Vegetable oil, not vegetable shortening. I'm going to have to try again, this time with shortening.

I really need to start exercising. I have an appointment on tuesday and I'll check then. I need to get rid of this 10lbs of weight I gained, plus the additional 20 I was carrying before I got pregnant. Daunting task, but I definitely need to try.

I have had some wicked mood swings lately, going from giddy/cheerful to don't talk to/touch me. And this is on my current meds. I can't imagine how bad it would be without the meds. I found out that my Psychiatrist is covered on my current health plan, so YIPPEE! I don't have to get a new doctor! And, he can see me before Thanksgiving! yay! crappy that I need it, but glad I can get it. Speaking of new health plan, United Health Care SUCKS BALLS!!! I know I'm used to state insurance, but this is so much worse. I live an hour from work, more than that if traffic is slow. But if I don't used this hospital, I have to pay 20% of everything, plus a $1500 deductible. To get the D&C done down where my Ob/gyn was, it would have cost us $1250 walk up cost, not including whatever the 20% of the procedure would be. So we pretty much had to come up here to do the procedure. Which meant MSJ had to drive home. He hates driving in Large City traffic. It's a testament of his love for me that he did it without complaint. Of course, I slept most of the way home, so it's possible I just didn't hear it.

A little dark, but 10 days post procedure (I can't decide if this will be helpful, or just morbid).


1 comment:

rockle said...

i am no help at all, of course, but i find that "wait wait don't tell me" is an excellent temporary salve for wounds of the soul. no: seriously.

Counter