Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A new Year!

Wow

I didn't realize how long I had been gone.

There has been so much that has happened since my last post. I think the reason it's been so long is that there is so much I want to say, and it will just take too long. So, I'm going to pick back up in an attempt at a daily post, and try to back-fill as much as possible.

Let's start with: Yesterday Matt took a sick day, and rather than sit all day and get nothing done he did laundry and ran the dishwasher! I know, I know. I'm a lucky woman!

I forgot my badge yesterday morning, so I had to go all the way home and find my rain coat and get the badge out of it and then come back down here. It was exciting. And pretty annoying, actually.

I really didn't want to come back to work after the Christmas break. I need a nice relaxing vacation. Now WAIT! I hear you cry. Didn't you just go on a Honeymoon, and a Christmas Vacation to see your Husband's family? And I answer (with 1 finger in the air) True! But A) while the honeymoon was a blast, and we had a lot of fun, it wasn't a relaxing vacation. We were trying to live together, 24 hours a day for 7 days, in about 300 sqft of space. And both of us a little anxious about being newly married, and trying to do things to make the other happy, and while it was fun, it was not relaxing. And B) going to see his family was NOT a vacation. It was nice, we had a nice time, I got along ok with his mom and sister and brother and their respective families, but it was NOT a relaxing vacation. So, when Jan 3rd hit, and I had to be back at work, I was not pleased to be back. Not pleased enough to consider, maybe it's time for a new job. Not new, like a new career, but a new research field. One without animals. Or, at least one without animals that I have to bleed. I'll work on the blood, I just don't want to be the one to draw it.

There have also been somethings that I've apparently been holding on to, and I've recently come to the revelation that it is my problem. As in: I'm getting frustrated about things around me, but I'm the one that is having the problem, no one else, so I'm the one who needs to change, I'm the one who needs to either get over it, or get a new job. And, since I figured that out, I've been a little more peaceful about it. I've been in a better mood than I have been in awhile, and it has come through a little self-analysis. I don't like all of the things I've figured out, but at least I have some answers, and that makes it ok.

I guess I'll stop for now.

Here's a honeymoon picture





and 1 from Christmas

2 comments:

ste said...

I totally sound like a stalker when I say that yesterday it came to mind that I hadn't read anything from you lately and so it was nice to log in and see that you had posted!

And I totally support you in that visiting with in-laws is never relaxing ... maybe years down the road? I'll hope for that.

Nikki said...

That's exactly how I feel after most of our vacations. I generally need a vacation from our vacation. I was TRYING to do that this week at home. I told Travis I wanted to take a week off from serious house work and just watch TV every night. Ha! That hasn't happened yet and it's Thursday already. Rest up!

Counter