Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Tuesday. Hello Tuesday!

This morning my husband made oatmeal. Real old-fashioned oatmeal, like the kind that takes 10 minutes on the stove. He put in some blackberries that didn't have much flavor by themselves. The oatmeal was a rather unappetizing shade of purple/blue. I wasn't very sure about it, I was quite afraid that it would make me gag, but he made it and was proud of it, so I ate my half. I also added some Splenda and a few chocolate chips, and it turned out really good. Like a Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal. Which, now that I read it doesn't sound that good, but it tasted fabulous!

Also, I went to a weight loss clinic this morning. I know, this is a controversial thing. 2 of my bestest friends are quite against me taking any drug to lose weight. the one prescribed for me is Tenuate. I've read the info, and while there are definite warnings about extended use and dependency, I don't really want to take it for very long, and it seems like it would be a good way to sort of kick-start me. I just don't have any motivation to go to the gym or exercise or walk or do much of anything. I don't think it's depression, I usually have different symptoms for depression and I'm not exhibiting any of them.

Anyway, I'm going to try it for a few days. just 1/2 a pill, and I'm going to start it once every other day. I'm hoping the excess energy will get my butt into the gym, or at least onto the walking track near the house!

3 comments:

rockle said...

good luck! i personally think that it's no big deal to take the meds if they're going to help -- people take antidepressants, right? same kind of thing, isn't it?

if you're doing any kind of diet thing, let me know, because i've been on this WHATEVER since may and i have gathered a LOT of tips. mostly: stay away from stuff you really like, like fritos and mountain dew, lol.

Scientific Lutheran said...

yeah, that's the trend I'm seeing, too. Stay away from Dr. Pepper and French fries!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry I am the worst friend EVER! Happy Belated Birthday Babe!! Things have been crazy since the semester is just starting. I am going to try the Zumba for the Wii. I have a student who started it and since november 8 lost 48 pounds. I like to dance so hopefully this will be a good thing to try. Then I can drop the gym membership and the $ it costs. Good luck in your weight loss endeavor. I know I have been trying for a while and am getting frustrated myself. Love you! R~

Counter