Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Updates

So, last Saturday I had my first wedding/mom related meltdown.

It had to do with the invitations and RSVP information, and the fact that the phone number for the church isn't printed on the invitation. That led to, "How will people know where to RSVP" and lots of tears. Which I still feel like is a valid argument because he doesn't have a home phone, mine is unlisted, and there's no way to find either of our cell phone numbers, unless you know someone who would have it. Some people on my list, if we don't provide a number, wouldn't have much of a way to get in touch with us.

So we're going to put inserts with the RSVP church phone number and the hotel information. I haven't decided what to do about the Gift Registry, though. I'm thinking of maybe just leaving the info with the church secretary, and she can let people know when they call. Because we don't really need anything, but we registered anyway, so that if people want to buy us something they can have an idea. But, really, we don't need anything. Really, come to the wedding and have fun! That's a great gift, I haven't seen some of my friends in years, and it will be fun to have you around!

My dress is being altered. I'm a little short-waisted, so I thought the shoulders would have to be altered, but my friend who is doing the sewing found that if she puts in 2 little darts in the back it took up the extra fabric! That means she won't have to tear apart both shoulders. Yay!

I have 2 friends who are doing my cakes, my friend Liz is doing the bride's cake, it will be a vanilla almond cake with raspberry filling. The decorations will be my silver and blue ribbon, and probably some Delphiniums of the correct color for decoration. My other friend is making a Sand Castle groom's cake. It will be chocolate, but Matt wants the lighter whipped frosting, not the heavy butter cream. We'll just have to see whether or not it's feasible, especially when you add sanding sugar over the top.

I sat last night with the Ladies of Matt's church, the ones in charge of coordinating all of the reception and stuff. We discussed tables and chairs, table arrangements, whether or not we'd have room for a small dance floor, table cloths, table skirts, serving setup, where we'd put the alcohol, the gift table, decorating the gymnasium, harder than you might think, there are some structures against the walls that cannot be moved. So we're buying new black plastic sheeting and we'll cover the structures and put up my ribbon and twinkle lights, white and blue, and it will be fine. We'll just have to tell the photographer to shoot at low angles.

I spoke with the flower shop in the local Krogers, and she can get me all of my flowers for $350. That's bouquets, boutonnieres, altar flowers and some flowers for the center pieces at the reception. I think that's a pretty good price, so I went with it.

The alcohol, on the other hand, will cost us a bundle! Beer, wine and champagne for the toast for 200 people is a LOT of alcohol.

Whew. And we're not even close to being done. Only 6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Counter