Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I've developed an eye twitch

It's been 10 days since mom died. My mood seems to be stabilizing somewhat, so that's good, but my left eye has begun to twitch. No one else can see it, but I can feel it and it makes me a little crazy. I keep putting my finger on my eyelid. Sometimes in the middle of a conversation. It looks odd, it feels odd, but the twitch is truly annoying.

Good news, though. I bought my wedding dress yesterday.

It has sleeves (!!), a rather low sweetheart neckline, and it was on sale. Less than $300!

It's white, and I wanted Ivory or Silver, but the rest of it was just right, so I bought it. I'll need to have it altered slightly, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I also joined online Weight Watchers. It was $65 for 2 months, which I thought was a pretty good price, but made Fiance gasp. It's only $65. I've spent more than that on dining out some months.

I went over on my points yesterday, but I'm just getting used to this, so I'm ok with it for now. I've decided that I'm not counting my coffee points. I add cream, which increases the points from 0 to 2 or 3, but darn it, I LIKE creamer in my coffee! So those will be some of my extra points.

4 comments:

rockle said...

when i get stressed out, i get an eye twitch too. it will help to get as much rest as possible and to lay off the caffeine, if you can. (also, i recommend just going ahead and having that good cry, if you feel one coming on -- seriously. it helps.)

good on you for joining WW! it doesn't work for me because i am bad at math and counting, but so many people at work are doing it and getting great results. if i may make a suggestion, try fat free half-and-half. i don't know how it works, but it does. magic, maybe, or magnets, or something.

GOOD LUCK. with everything. keeping you in my thoughts.

rockle said...

PS $300 for a wedding dress is a STEAL. that is AWESOME.

NGS said...

I totally get an eye twitch from stress. My physical ailments, all stress-related right now include: eye twitch, strange eczema that means I can wear no rings and my legs are constantly peeling, stiff neck to the point that I can not move my head in any direction (makes driving difficult), and a strange sensation that I must vomit at all times, but somehow never actually do.

Stress sucks.

SUEB0B said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Weird that we lost parents about the same time. Somehow we are cosmically joined at the hip. Hugs.

Counter