Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home

So I went home this weekend. It was ok. A little strange, all of mom's stuff is still there but mom isn't.

But that's not what this post is about.

Dad went shopping with me on saturday, I bought several different kinds of blue and silver ribbon, and I looked for card-stock that I like. I didn't find any card-stock, and Garden Ridge Pottery has slipped in the last few years. It used to be a really cool store, but while there were lots of flowers, there wasn't a lot beyond that.

We tried to get SIL and niece to come have dinner with us, but they had a birthday party and couldn't come. So we were going to go over to their house sat night to visit, but SIL shut us down, so we didn't. So Dad and I both expected to see them in church this morning, but they didn't come.

So dad had something to do and we couldn't have lunch, so I called and left a message for SIL that I was around and if they wanted to have lunch. I hung around home until 11:45am, but they didn't return the call.

Dad told me on saturday that I needed to be very careful about what I told Bro and SIL, that I shouldn't tell them anything about my private life, that they thought, well, that they thought like a married couple with a kid and I thought like a single female, and dad wouldn't expound beyond that. So, I don't really know what that means, except that they continue to prove exactly how little they think of me. That was followed by Dad saying he wished to God that I hadn't ever told them about the Bi-polar thing.

Thing is, though, that if I didn't have Fiance, this would have devastated me. Now it's an annoyance. Like, well, if that's how they feel, that's ok, because I have a man who loves me for who I am, Bi-Polar included. Thank you God, for this man. He's keeping me grounded and sane.

So, Fiance wants to ask my Bro to be a Groomsman, but I'm not sure if he'll agree at this point. I also need to ask Emma to be the flower girl, and I'd like to actually do that in person. In the worst case, I wonder if they'll show up. In the best case, I hope they come up for the rehearsal, Emma will need to experience walking down the aisle if she's willing.

No comments:

Counter