Monday, August 30, 2010

Mom

My mom passed away on Saturday morning. The funeral will be on Saturday morning, we need to give family a chance to get into town.

I'm sad and relieved and lots of other emotions.

Truth is, I lost my mom several years ago. She's been sick for 2 years, and she's been slowly slipping away. She died peacefully, she was in hospice with respiratory failure from the pneumonia. They had her on morphine to help relieve the oxygenation starvation. I think the morphine helped her to relax, and she just stopped fighting. Dad is taking it better than I thought he would.

My brother and his wife were upset with me, it's too much to go into right now. But I've left the majority of the funeral and burial arrangements to them and at least my SIL is better towards me. That's good, because I just couldn't handle more emotion or drama right now.

And Fiance has been a rock. I know I could handle all of this by myself, but it's been so much easier with him beside me.

I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing, but I'm going to try, just as a sort of diary.

4 comments:

mamabird said...

I'm sorry that your mom passed away but very thankful for you and your family that it was peaceful. May you find many more peaceful moments in the days to come.

NGS said...

I'm sorry for your loss and will be keeping you in my thoughts.

morethananelectrician said...

I am sorry for your loss and hope you can find some common ground with your siblings...this is a tough time for everyone.

rockle said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I send you hugs from all this way across the miles. Will keep you in my prayers.

Counter