Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I hate when I do stuff like this

I sometimes think I'd lose my head if it wasn't sewn on.

I went to the state LWML convention in June. I pay for everything up front and my society will reimburse me.

I submitted receipts, and got a check Sunday morning.

Now, I know, I KNOW, I put that check in my purse. But when I got to the bank yesterday I couldn't find it. I took everything out of my purse, looked all through my wallet, nothing.

I thought, Oh Shit! I knew the skirt I had worn didn't have any pockets, but I checked the laundry anyway. I had thrown away the bulletin for the service, so I got the trash bag out of the can and dug through until I found the bulletin, but no check.

I had cleaned the house very well for the 4th of July party, but I checked all around my tables and kitchen counters, in the drawers of the China Hutch, nothing.

CRAP!!!

I went through my purse again, and thought to look into my little pocket calendar. There it was! I have no idea WHY I put it there. I breathed a very large sigh of relief. Now I didn't have to go back to my society and tell them that we need to put a stop payment on the check, because I lost it within 48 hours.

And they want to make me president of my Zone. Hang on tight, ladies, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Counter