Friday, May 7, 2010

Ramblings

I haven't posted in awhile, and I'm not sure why.

My co-worker/friend and I are getting better. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. But we're still moving in the right direction, so that's good.

My plants in my front flower bed are growing nicely. The Butterfly bush is already 5 or 6 inches, and it growing like crazy. There is a rather large nursery up the road from me and they had a flat of 24 annual for $15. I need to go buy some to add some green and color to my flower beds. Right now they look pretty brown (dirt, of course) with a little green for contrast. I'd rather have it pretty green with a little brown for accent.

My Easter lilies are blooming finally. They're very pretty, even if they are a month late.

I'm getting a raise at work. Finally. I'm not sure how much of a raise, but I'm hoping it will be substantial, like 8-10%. My co-worker and I have been doing the job of 4 people for the last 9 months.

The 3rd week of April I went fishing with dad up at his cabin. I'm ashamed at how excited he was that I was joining him. I'm going to have to make this a yearly thing. I didn't know how much it meant to him, and it hurts me that I let it go that long without going up there. The white bass were hitting pretty good, we had the lights on the dock at night and one night I caught 10 or 12 in about 20 minutes. It was really cool! You just tossed the minnow in and the bass would hit it hard! I could catch 2 fish on 1 minnow because it would hit so hard that it didn't get a chance to actually eat the minnow! I also caught a pretty big crappie, but it was night and we thought it was just a large bass. We didn't know until morning that it was a crappie.

I've lost about 6 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so. I've been watching what I eat and exercising, a yoga/pilates class. I'm super flexible now and you can see the outer line of my abs. They have a nice comfy cover of fat, but the hint of the line is there, too. I'm very excited. My legs and rear look nice, too. I'm not usually a big fan of exercise and don't push myself very hard, but I'm seeing results, and seeing them quickly, so I'm pushing myself with higher weights and longer holds. As long as I continue to see results I'll keep pushing.

The lady that teaches the class is pregnant, and she is very excited about being pregnant. It's fun to watch her because she gets so excited when the baby kicks and moves and pushes back.

Also, last week my mom had a appointment at Large Cancer Hospital. The scans were clean, no lesions. Before he left I asked him about mom. My Dad was behind his back when I asked, and my dad's eyes got huge round and he looked like he might explode, but I asked the Dr. about mom, and how she wasn't really getting better, that she wasn't interested in anything, she sometimes slept 18 hours a day, didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. The Doc looked surprised, and told us no problem, he'd refer her to a NeuroPsychiatrist. I didn't even know there was such a thing, but the doc mentioned that sometimes they will introduce a neurostimulant, like Ritalin, to help kickstart the brain. At that point my dad's eyes got big with amazement, and looked really relieved, that maybe this might push mom back into this world. We're all praying this might be the thing we need to get mom back. We all miss her terribly. She's missing my niece's growing up, missing a good retirement with my dad, missing her LIFE.

I think that's all the major stuff, so I guess I'll end this random rambling post.

Next time, my dear bloggy friends.

1 comment:

rockle said...

congrats on everything! forward progress, no matter how minute, is still progress. good luck with your mom, i hope the new doc will help her.

Counter