Monday, May 10, 2010

3 steps forward 2 steps back

On Saturday when I got home for Mother's Day weekend with the family, Dad showed me a letter from Large Cancer Hospital.

The Radiologist found a spot in a lymph node under her left arm that needs to be looked at. They are doing a Fine Needle Biopsy today at 12:30.

Now, this could be one of several things, a couple of which are nothing to get excited about. However, it could also be cancer, and it could be the same cancer or a different one. I asked mom if she was scared and she said what I had been thinking.

It didn't do any good to be scared yet. What is coming is coming, and there isn't anything we can do to stop it or change it. So now isn't the time to panic or fall apart. There is plenty of time for that after we get a diagnosis.

We should have results pretty soon, they don't let this sort of test sit around very long. I told dad that if they have a dr. appointment this afternoon to let me know and I'd go up there and meet them. Whatever it is, it won't be good if dad is the only other person there.

Say some prayers. We need them right now.

1 comment:

rockle said...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))

Counter