Monday, March 15, 2010

SMurF: 0 Raccoon: 2

Apparently, I'm not supposed to set my animal trap on friday or saturday nights, because the city won' t pick up animals on saturday or sunday.

Now, exactly HOW was I supposed to know that little tidbit of information??

Because saturday night I set the trap again. Guess what I caught??

The raccoon?? NO!! Another possum. We must have a tribe of them in the area.

I'm tired of taking care of possums, so I was going to have the city come pick it up, but it was Sunday, and they don't pickup animals on Sundays. Unless it's a skunk. Which I guess is good, because who wants a skunk hanging around in your yard in a trap for 24 hours?? But I digress.

I didn't want to transport another stinky pee-ing possum in my car.

So, I walked across my alley, into the vacant lot that's way overgrown with weeds, and I released the possum! I hope none of my neighbors saw, because it ran away from me and my house and into the neighbors yard.

oops.

3 comments:

rockle said...

are you catching the same raccoon over and over? that happens to us.

SUEB0B said...

Since I got Goldie, I have found this whole animal underworld I didn't know about. There are possums everywhere - and there are rats everywhere. Eeeeh.

But not in my yard. Because I have Goldie to protect me!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

SIck! I say you did the right thing- or fine, at least what I'd have done!

Counter