Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Wednesday I was asked what my favorite part of Thanksgiving was. I didn't have a good answer, because, in all honesty, I wasn't especially wasn't looking forward to coming home for Thanksgiving. Family and food, fights and frustration.

But, I came home. I spent part of the night with dad setting up and discussing.

Mom is sitting in her chair a little more. Sitting up on the couch a little more.

I went this morning to my Bro and SIL's house and we made the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole (of course) and her mom made a cabbage dish and SIL's lentil salad. It was so much fun! We laughed and talked and enjoyed company. Dinner was later than we thought, and dad was thoroughly and completely flustered! But we worked through it and it was a good meal. The turkey was moist, because it had to sit an hour longer than we had intended, but moist all the same.

I played with my niece and took a short nap, and I'm going to sleep with my niece tonight, she gets so excited when Aunt spends the night with her. Tomorrow my SIL and her mother want to go shopping, SIL has never been Black Friday shopping. In LARGE city, none-the-less. We're leaving hometown about 7am, hopefully we'll get there before it becomes an OMG mess. Traffic is bound to be absolutely horrible. But, I'm not driving, so that's ok, too.

So I have to say that what I enjoyed most this thanksgiving was my family. I know, it surprised me, too.

Dear God, Thank you, for what I know you give me, and for what I don't even think about that you give me. Amen.

No comments:

Counter