Tuesday, November 24, 2009

slick wood porches

So, being the graceful, athletic, coordinated woman that I am, I slipped this morning on my back porch steps. There aren't very many, I think 4. But the wood was slick and I guess those shoes don't have great tread. I had my purse on my shoulder and my laundry basket on my left side.

It happens in an instant, I understand how it happens when you're old you worry about broken bones and such.

But my left rib cage is bruised and I can't get my purse up on my shoulder. And turning my body makes me hold my breath and exhale hard when I come back.

Matt is supposed to come help me finish my fence gate tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll be much help.

Dear God, fast healing, please! Amen.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

Falling is so darn unnerving! Heal soon!

Counter