Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not-a-boyfriend.

I have a friend.

He is a pastor at a local Lutheran church. I am not a member of his church, but it is the same denomination as the one I attend.

We usually see each other once a week, sometimes just the 2 of us, sometimes in a group setting.

Last Saturday he helped my dad build my back fence. He spent roughly 8 hours with my dad working on my fence.

I like him, and we'd make a pretty good match, I think. But I can't tell if he is just clueless (always a possibility) or really isn't interested in something more than we have now.

I have been reluctant to make any moves myself. I've been burned several times in the last 3 years and I'm not very willing to put myself in the position to get burned again anytime soon.

Dear God, show me the path and I'll walk it. Point me in the right direction and I'll go there. Amen.

2 comments:

Jolly Johnstons said...

You know how I feel about it. And it's kinda how Brett and I started: I liked him so much that I didn't want to make a move and ruin the friendship - I'd rather have him in my life as a friend than try the bf thing and lose him. But you never know how he's feeling until you ask. I think that as much time as y'all spend together, there's something there. We can always arrange to come up in a conversation if you want. ::wink wink::

rockle said...

invite him to get coffee or ice cream or something noncommital, a gesture of thanks for the help with the fence. start small. that's how my husband and i started, too, and i had the same reservations.

(there is another option that involves the copious ingestion of knock-you-both-naked margaritas, but since he's a man of the cloth and presumably a Good Person, start with the mini ice cream social, i think.)

Counter