Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm back.

So.

I have gotten out of the habit of blogging. And it is a habit, paying attention to what is happening on a daily basis and thinking about what to write about and how to write. For me, this is an exercise that I take a bit of pleasure in. Finding the right words to say what I want to say and how to make feelings and ideas and visual things come to life on a blank page. or white computer screen. whichever.

This morning my brand-new Godson was baptized. (side: [in a baby voice] he's so cute!!) And as such events can be, they are fraught with family drama. His Family vs. Her Family. In-laws, extended family, and small children. All of which can be prone to over-reactions and melt downs.

However, I am reminded once again to look around very carefully before you say something you might not want to be overheard saying.

It was innocuous enough a comment, but since I know some of the back story, it was rather catty and a little uncalled for. And since I am one of the mom's best friends and the baby's baptismal sponsor and it was a rather small room, the smart and politically correct thing to do would have been to LOOK AROUND and see who else was close by. Also, you need to be very sure of the person you are talking to. Just because someone is nice to you and is laughing with you does not mean that they are on your side. After all, you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.


No comments:

Counter