Sunday, August 30, 2009

This weekend

I sit here tonight thinking about the weekend. This isn't a very exciting post. Or very deep. or insightful. or even introspective. It's just an accounting of my weekend.

Friday night some friends and I gathered at another friends house. We ate a great meal and then we were going to watch a movie. We ended up just talking for several hours. Which was just as nice, and IMHO, was even better than a movie, anyway.

Saturday I went to an LWML meeting, where I am reminded that I get 1 year off and then I promised that I would take over the roll of President for our Zone. What was I thinking??? Why did I promise such a thing??? I guess God will give me the strength and words I need to handle this task, since I opened my stupid mouth and agreed.

Saturday I prepped my bedroom to be painted. Then I figured out that I first must seal the wallpaper. Then I realized that I have to do something about the trim at the top of the wall. So, tomorrow I will take a razor and remove the parts that are coming loose, apply sheetrock mud to it, sand it a little, and paint it. I'm not sure what I'll do if it doesn't work. I guess I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. Then I sat and watched my crappy old british sit-coms on PBS. A good night.

Today I went to church and there was a pot-luck that I had completely forgotten about. I wasn't going to stay, but there really was enough food, so I stayed and had a little to eat.

Then, the clown. Karen was and always is a gracious friend. I strive to be like her in this way. We had a nice time, and I agreed to try to start clowning again in the fall. They picked up potentially 53 new clowns at the Welcome New Medical Students! event. I told her that I would try to come of the events.

My balloon animals aren't the best. It's been a long time since I tried to make any. My makeup also left a little to be desired, as I hadn't done any clown makeup in a couple of years. But even with that, the kids LOVED us. There were only 6 or 7 kids, but we made probably 30-ish balloons, some of which went to the adults, too. We were there for about 45 minutes and the kids began to go do other things, so it worked well. We were ready to leave by then, too. It was hot out there in long-sleeved clown outfits! The Hostess wanted to give us money, but I knew Karen better than that. We agreed that the Hostess should donate the money to LWML. To our Ladies Aid. Karen liked it, and so did the Hostess. Win-Win!

We went to the beach tonight. There was a coolness to the breeze. It won't be long and the air will be too cool to go out to the beach in the evening. Summer is almost over.

No comments:

Counter