Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rather pissed off at work

So, 2 weeks ago it became clear that I would begin to lose my vacation time because I had accrued too much time.

I told my boss that I would like to take 2 days off, last week thursday and friday. He threw a fit! Imagine, my taking 2 days off! Right when we had just gotten word that we are approved to do animal work!

So, I worked my ass off last monday, tuesday and wednesday, so that when I left the lab on wednesday to go pick up my friend at the airport, I had done everything possible to prepare for the animal challenge that we would be doing monday morning.

When I left town thursday morning, there was only 1 thing I needed to call and have taken care of before monday. Now, that's pretty impressive when you consider what all I needed to coordinate.

I got back sunday evening, had a great time (Ate Beignet's, drank coffee, drank tequila, got my tarot cards read, bought a pretty picture and 2 pretty masks).

We got to the airport in time, again, pretty impressive, and I waved my girlfriend goodbye at the security gate.

I got to work monday morning, the animal challenge went reasonably well, only a couple of minor glitches considering that we haven't done it for 10 months.

I find out monday that both Jian and Tanya, who are both required to be present for animal challenges, are both taking ALL OF NEXT WEEK OFF. Yes, all 5 days! And Dr. C has said nothing. NOTHING. I got my butt chewed for several hours because i dared to take 2 days, but they can take 5 days, 1 week, and get NOTHING???

I couldn't figure out why I was in such a bad mood tuesday. I finally figured it out, I was PISSED!

I WILL be taking my vacation day each month, and I will be taking 1 sick day each month, too.

I've also gone in late tuesday and wednesday, and I'll go in late tomorrow, and probably friday, too.

1 comment:

rockle said...

sounds like you had a great trip! and i totally support your plan of attack, as it were, regarding the vacation. TAKE THAT TIME. you've earned it, you deserve it, and you NEED it.

Counter