Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday post

It's really weird. I have things to write about. I have things happening to me that are funny, difficult, heartening, irritating, etc etc.

But I finally realized what it is.

And this is really stupid.

But, my house isn't done. My cave is in disarray. And apparently, when my refuge is no longer a safe place, parts of my brain stop working.

The only similarity I can use is when I work with animals.

When I work with animals, I turn off the emotional part of my brain. I can do what I need to do, but I distance my heart, my compassion, my emotions from what my hands and brain are doing.

Apparently, when everything is in bedlam, I shut off part of my personality. I'm not sure what part of my being that I'm turning off, but whatever it is contains the part of me that blogs. I also have a hard time reading other people's blogs.

Thus, I will post small things occasionally, but I hope to be back once my house is done and my life begins to return to some semblance of normal.

Dear God, for awhile there I was praying for peace. I guess you're trying to teach me how to be peaceful when life around me isn't? I don't like this lesson any more than I did the patience or strength lessons. I'm very patient and very strong. I'm not sure I need any more peace. Amen.

No comments:

Counter