Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 years ago

Friday is my 2 year blogaversity, I made my first post on July 24, 2007.

I've been thinking about this lately.

Where was I two years ago?

I already had the house, I bought it in october 06. Mom and dad had helped me paint the house in spring 07.

It was right about 2 years ago that mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. We've gone from Small Regional hospital, to Long term care hospital, back to Small Regional hospital, now to Large Cancer Hospital, and finally, we are at a 'Level we can live with'. We can begin to pick up where we left off 2 years ago. Prayerfully with the active and vibrant woman I remember.

I wasn't yet friends with Michelle. I was friends, but rather distant kind of friends with, Katie and Brett and they're very small daughter, and jennifer, and ted. We were still doing the 'Bible study', and it was actually still a bible study, not just a gathering of friends eating a meal together.

I had just picked up the Obnoxious Grad Student, and she was making my life hell.*

I had lost Sinatra by the time I started this blog, and I had already been strong-armed into taking my Annie and Puffalump, who would eventually come to be loved as 'mine'. I had also already taken in Howler, and was remembering what it was like to live with a kitten.

I was single, not dating anyone, Chuck had broken up with me in april 07, and I was between men. It wouldn't be until July 08 that I started dating the Ex. wow, I didn't realize that it had been that long. damn, I really have been single most of my life. That's just sad.

I dont' think I had started at the gym yet, I started that in 08 sometime.

*She's gone now!! Not from campus, but from my lab! Yippee!*

1 comment:

morethananelectrician said...

I was surely on n*ked on the roof two years ago...

Congratulations on year two!!!!

Counter