Monday, June 22, 2009

short update

Update:

The neuro appointment is in mid july.

My friend Katie is home. still having very very tiny contractions and on modified bed rest at home, but doing better. Her daughter is being taken care of by various and sundry family members.

The tile for the kitchen and bath have been picked and laid already. The kitchen is awesome! It's a different tile, but it looks so cool in that room. The bathroom is good, the tub surround is done, the floor will be laid tomorrow. Now I just need to pick colors for the walls.

The AC is great! It's much more efficient than it was.

The sink, toilet and tub are going to be either bisque or almond, I'm not sure which.

On the bad side, mom's cancer has spread to the epithelial (surface) of her lungs, it is causing fluids to build up and making it hard to breath and do anything other than sleep. They're probably going to insert a drain tube to help keep it clear. Dad had a melt down. I'm going to start going to all of her appointments with him.

They're anticipating having the house done in 2 weeks. My sanctuary will finally be mine again.

I exchanged my digital converter box, and the new one works ok, but I still don't get FOX or PBS. My cell phone contract is expired. I think I'm going to cave in and get the AT&T triple pack, cell phone, home internet and cable/satellite/whatever. I hate that. But part of my sanctuary is my tv, and I want my tv, so that means I'm going to have to suck it up and do something about it. I hate that.

4 comments:

rockle said...

for whatever it may be worth, i think you are holding together extremely well. i am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. hang in there. xoxo.

mamabird said...

I haven't read your blog for very long but I don't plan on stopping any time soon. Thinking of you with all that is going on.

morethananelectrician said...

An almond toilet?

Toilets are supposed to be white. Thirty-five years ago someone thought green toilets and refrigerators were cool. White stands the test of time.

Scientific Lutheran said...

I was thinking ivory or bone instead of bright white. I'm not a great housekeeper, so I'm hoping that the little bit of cream will help offset that.

Counter