Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I haven't been able to post anything for quite awhile now. I'm not sure why. I think I've just been overwhelmed.

I've had a full and busy couple of weeks. The contractors, the garage, the car, friends and family and phone calls. OMG the phone calls. I haven't had this many phone calls in AGES. Not that I'm complaining, necessarily. I love that I have friends who call me and want to talk to me, but it feels like I'm talking on the phone all the time right now.

There are the Sunday Evenings at the beach, which I LOVE, but they take up time, too.

Worrying about getting the kitchen and bath cleared out so that they contractors could start demolishing them, but first I had to clean out my extra bedroom so that I've been putting off for months so that I would have a place to PUT the stuff from the kitchen. That took an entire afternoon.

Mom and dad came down Labor Day weekend (and we had a talk about the new car and how it happened and why I hadn't told them (dad's comment was, 'You've gone through more cars than I've ever owned)) and we went and bought the appliances, new oven, fridge and dishwasher (YIPPEE!! Dishwasher!!!). I had to buy the tankless water heater, and since the old one was gas, I bought a gas tankless. Then the contractors were looking at it and decided that the vent kit I bought wouldn't fit the house design, and then we talked some more and I was reminded that we had decided to go with an Electric, so I had to go back to Lowes and exchange it.

My pregnant friend was in a car accident the other day, so she was in the hospital and I was thinking and worrying about her, plus I've been trying to go to the gym.

And, I'm supposed to be picking out tile for the bathroom floor and tub surround, and the sink I want and the formica for the counter tops, plus the vanity and sink for the bathroom, which is harder than I thought it would be.

And then there's the ex, who is still texting me and working me into a tizzy (I know, I know. Really. I know).

wow, when I write it all out, that seems like a lot to deal with in 3 weeks.

And I haven't even mentioned work.

I made an appointment today with a neurologist. The spasms I've been having are getting worse and more frequently, and the tremors are coming more often, and I'm slurring words and don't know it, my friend michelle pointed this out. I hope it's just tired and drug side effects. Because I don't want to contemplate any of the terrible things that might cause that list of symptoms.

Dear God: Give me peace and strength to handle all that life is tossing at me right now. Keep me in your arms and remind me that you want every good thing for me, and that this too, shall pass. Amen.

3 comments:

morethananelectrician said...

Occupied renovations are always tough to deal with for everyone. We like pick out the materials and try to have them on hand before we even start. There is always a problem if we do something differently.

rockle said...

man. just, maaaaaaaaan. it's a lot you've got going on. i will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Praying with you and for you. Of anyone on this planet, I can truly sympathize and empathize. Truly.

Remember, God is bigger than ALL of this.

((((HUGSS))))

Counter