Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overheard in New York

I'm not sure why I found this so funny, but I laughed out loud on this one.

Touchy-Ass Pagans
Hipster guy, after hipster girl sneezes: Oh, God bless you.
Hipster girl: Don't bless me.
Hipster guy: Fuck Poo you, then.

--Fat Baby, Lower East Side

Overheard by: RoninTy
via Overheard in New York, Feb 18, 2007

And then this one followed:

Pagans Are Even Worse

Woman in stall to sneezing woman: God bless you.
Sneezing woman: I'm atheist!

--Public Bathroom, 34th St & Broadway

Overheard by: smal


via Overheard in New York, May 14, 2009

2 comments:

SUEB0B said...

When I grew up and got a clue, I realized that politeness and kindness are so rare that one should meet them with good humor, no matter if they are offered in a form that perfectly aligns with my personal beliefs or not.

Tony said...

Politeness is becoming a lot rarer these days. There was a gripe from a lady in a local paper's letters section where she wrote that she opened a shop door for a teenage girl & was snapped at "Do you think I'm useless? I can open it myself"

Counter