Sunday, May 10, 2009

My sewer line

So, I've had trouble with my sewer line since I moved in, every 4-6 months I have to have a plumber come in and clean out my lines, the tree roots grow into them and block the line and it starts to back up into the house (NASTY). So, as part of this house/garage remodel, we are replacing the sewer line from the house to the alley.

If only it was that easy.

Instead of it running directly out from the house to the alley, it makes a 45 degree angle to the right, then another 45 degrees back to the left, through the roots of 2 trees and around the original structure of the garage.

Yeah. That.

The plumber WAY underestimated the cost of all of this. I'm thinking if they want to pull the 2 trees involved, I'm going to let them.

And in the process, they have destroyed my back yard.

On the plus side, I will be able to completely re-landscape the back yard when they're done.

And another plus, I'm so so so glad that I didn't undertake this as an independent project. This would have cost me a fortune, and I would have gone slightly bankrupt finishing it. As it is, at least with dad paying for this it will get done and done correctly.

3 comments:

morethananelectrician said...

Try to get those 45s out of there if you possibly can. Thise turns can't help. It might not be possible...but the shortest distance between two point is normally a straight line.

Scientific Lutheran said...

I agree, butI think it would cost more to pull all of the old lines out and move them than it would be to simply replace them.

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Who planned those plumbing lines?!!? One of those kids from the Family Circus??!!

Geez!

Well...

Enjoy your new yard!

Counter