Friday, April 17, 2009

Waiting

I came to the elevator one of the buildings I work in, and there was a woman standing in front of the elevators. Like, 3 feet in front of the elevators. I assumed she was waiting for the elevator..silly gir, making assumptions. The left elevator was sitting on 2, just sitting there. The elevator on the right was coming down, skipped the first floor and went to the basement.

I looked around the woman, and the UP button wasn't lit. So I apologized, reached around her, pushed the UP button, and here came the elevator on the left.

She didn't move, didn't say anything, didn't even acknowledge that I was there and waiting for an elevator. She just stood there looking at the elevator, waiting for Heaven only knows what.

I guess it's just friday, and everyones ready to go home?

2 comments:

morethananelectrician said...

Maybe she was waiting for the door to open and someone she didn't like to step out so she could give them the *ss-whoopin' they deserved...be happy you weren't on her list.

Scientific Lutheran said...

LMAO. I hadn't thought of that. That's great.

Counter