Thursday, April 2, 2009

No More Prescriptions

As I have noted before, I go to several doctors. Last week when I felt bad, the fam med dr referred me to a neurologist, so that would be ANOTHER dr. I'm supposed to go to an allergist, but I just use my pcp. it doesn't really matter what I'm allergic too, just that I am allergic and that I get the correct meds.

I take, at this moment, singulair, flonase, and zyrtec for allergies, Lamictal and Seroquel for the Bi-polar thing, and I have added a generic Zantac (acid blocker). I stopped taking the birth control. Since the ex and I aren't seeing each other, I figured a pill every day for sex once every 3 or 4 months wasn't really worth it.

I added the generic Zantac when I started having stomach aches. They are very reminiscent of the ones I have gotten the past that lead up to ulcer-like conditions. the spots aren't quite ulcerated, but very irritated and raw.

As of this pay period, I have spent $50 on dr copays, and close to $70 on rx's.

I get very tired of all of this. How I wish I was one of those people who don't suffer with allergies. I wish with all my heart that my brain chemicals weren't screwed up.

So sometimes I flatly refuse to go to ANOTHER doctor, to get ANOTHER prescription.

I was late getting in this morning, my stomach was pretty upset so I took another Zantac and some pepto, and it just took awhile to stop hurting.

My friend michelle, who has my best interest at heart, is quite annoyed with me that I'm trying to make myself feel better with generic Zantac when, if I would just go to a GI dr, I could get an rx for Nexium and have it all go away.

I told her that in 4 months, when I'm still getting stomach aches and I get indigestion with everything I eat, I will be bad enough to go to the dr and get another prescription to take. That when it happened, she would be able to say, "I told you so!!". She assured me that she would.

Dear God, Please don't let me get another ulcer. They hurt. I don't like them. I have a hard enough time these days, I really really don't need an ulcer, too. Thank you! Amen.

2 comments:

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Yikes! That is alot of meds, but I know how you feel. All you want is to feel better, right? I hope you don't get another ulcer either.

Um, turtle soup? Yikes.
And the sock monkey below. Wow.

rockle said...

man ... your allergies must really be something. i always thought mine were bad, but i don't actually DO anything except take a generic claritin every couple of days when i remember, and a mucinex once in a while, and complain about my sinus headaches.

oh -- and copious amounts of rum. COPIOUS.

Counter