Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I had a hard Easter. Dad and I butted heads the whole time. when I'm not so stressed (my computer died at work today) I'll fill this in. It's quite a story of frustration and annoyance on both sides.

It started when I got home, Dad informed me then that they had spent the night in the emergency room because mom was having a hard time breathing. Turned out to be a clogged trach tube, and once they had suctioned her out she was fine. Thanks for letting us all know, dad.

Then, it went to mom's breathing treatment. The nebulizer with albuterol and some other drug, that was taking up to 2 1/2 hours! I said, that can't be right. You should be able to get it done in about 40 minutes. No! Dad said. It always took him 2 hours! That's just how long it took!

No, dad, I have a friend, Michelle, who has asthma and when she had nebulizer treatments, they took 20-40 minutes. Dad: I don't know this Michelle, so I don't know if she's telling the truth!

???Like someone would lie about that????

Ok, Dad, what did the home health nurse say when you asked her? We didn't ask her! Why would we? I do it, and it takes 2 hours! But dad, that's the thing, it shouldn't be taking 2 hours!

Ok, dad, why don't you call the pulmonary office and ask the nurse. If she says it takes 2 hours, then fine, but if not, then you need to figure out where it's going wrong, because if she's doing this twice a day, and she's only awake for 12 hours a day, then she's spending 1/3 of her life attached to that stupid breathing machine! I would balk at doing it too! Plus, it must not be working, because she's still fighting mucus in her lungs!!!!!

SMurF, do you know how many doctors we see? Dad, just call them and ask! It won't hurt to ask, and you MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING. (At this point, I was getting pretty aggressive, bowing up to him and talking loudly)

Then, for Easter, SIL and I took over the kitchen, we made lunch. We didn't cook the au gratin potatoes long enough, they were still a little crisp, which SIL, Bro, and mom all thought were good, but dad was annoyed because "I told you they took a long time to cook! You didn't let them cook long enough!!!"

Next: My Dad and my Bro still sometimes gets mail for my bro's ex wife. I mentioned that, if he (my bro) would write Return To Sender, Not At This Address, then he would quit getting the mail. Dad got pissed that I would bring this up. Bro was bro, and said with a fantastic sneer, that he just threw it away, it wasn't worth the time. Now, when I bought my house, I received lots of mail for the guy who previously owned the house who had died. So for about 5 months, I would write Return To Sender, Deceased, and lo and behold, they stopped sending me mail. Now, as it annoys the crap out of bro that he still gets his ex-wifes mail, I offered this as a solution: do it for awhile, and you won't get her mail anymore! Dad was PISSED. I'm still not exactly sure why.

When bro and sil left, I did, too. it was just too hard to stay. Dad was mad, mom was sleeping, the computer was working, there was no reason to stay anymore.

Driving home, I had a horrendous headache. It took me half the drive home before I figured out it was a tension headache. I haven't had one of those on a long time.

I went home, mowed my yard, raked my side yard and front yard, and cleaned the house. I felt better, and I slept well.

I'm not going home for awhile now. It's too hard.

2 comments:

Jolly Johnstons said...

Wow, that sucks. Family gatherings start with the best of intentions but I think everyone is glad when they're over. I know I am.

SUEB0B said...

Parents these days. They just won't listen! (I experience this every single day. I can relate).

Counter