Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Always on my mind

I fly to Illinois on Thursday. My uncle asked me if I wanted to be a Pall Bearer. There are 6 grandkids, I think we're all Pall Bearers. He promised to put me between two large men.

I could tell you about when some friends of mine helped me clean out my garage so that when the contractor comes to tear it down it will be ready (there were some really cool things hiding in the depths of the falling-down garage).

Or I could tell you about the Relay for Life I did Friday night (I walked 10 miles in 10 hours).

Or I could tell you that wednesday is the last day I have to work with Obnoxious Grad Student (Yippee!).

But what is in my mind, below and above and around it all, is that my Grandma's funeral is on saturday, and that on Monday I will have to come home and continue to live. She wasn't a constant presence in my day-to-day life, but she was a part of it.

I know, too, that she has Fought the Good Fight, and that she is at peace in Heaven. I know this, I have faith in this. And I know that one day I will join her, and all of the faithful before me. I'm trying very hard to hold this in front of me. But it's still hard. Amen.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

Yes, it is still hard. Hugs.

Counter