Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not Me Monday



It's time again...

I DON't have tonsils the size of grapes.

My boss didn't make me go to Employee health for a fever. Because, even though I haven't handled my pathogen in 5 months, the mere fact that I was in the ROOM with said pathogen apparently isn't enough for me to not possibly have been infected.

I didn't make it to the gym 3 times last week, and I'm not quite proud of myself.

I didn't have a last one night stand with my ex before he left town. It wasn't really great sex. I'm not totally like a high school freshman, waiting for him to call/text/email me. I don't know that the chances of his calling/texting/emailing are close to nil.

I'm not completely TIRED of training my lab people in the BSL3. I don't still have 50 hours of training left.

I didn't watch Napoleon Dynamite for the first time last night. It wasn't funny, goofy, silly, and I didn't laugh when it was over, in spite of myself.

I didn't buy a Digital Converter box. I didn't hook it up and lose my PBS station. So I didn't unhook it. Because I don't watch more PBS than anything else.

I'm absolutely going to pay for cheap basic cable. because I'm not too cheap to buy that.

I didn't buy my cats new food dishes. Because that wouldn't be a complete waste of my resources. Because I didn't already have food dishes for them.

I didn't go online and buy more books from Better World Books. Because I don't have SEVERAL shelves of books I haven't read yet.

I don't have 3 bags of plastic water bottles for recycling, 2 bags of plastic bags for recycling, and 1 box and 1 bag of clothes to go to Goodwill. They aren't all sitting in my living room.

I don't still have Mardi Gras beads hanging on a chair in my kitchen.  My kitchen table isn't so loaded with crap that you'd can't even see the top.

And finally, I didn't have a doctor's appointment today, and she DID have a diagnosis.  I'm not taking antibiotics randomly, in the hope that it will fix whatever isn't wrong.  Because I'm a much better scientist than that.

No comments:

Counter