Thursday, March 26, 2009

I found a gray hair

I was brushing my hair last night, I found a gray hair.  I don't have a husband, kids, or immediate family to drive me nuts, and I have a gray hair.

So, I woke up this morning, and I didn't feel great, but I went to work anyway.

While there I got worse, light headed, dizzy, my mouth tasted like metal, but I was already at work, and I already had an appointment with the psychiatrist in the afternoon, so I stuck it out.

About noon, I was feeling pretty rough, so I gave in and made an appointment to see someone.

Side Note: Usually I go to the Int Med dept, which before Ike was a very nice department.  Today, I went to Family Med.  Not nearly so nice a department.  And the nurse? very nice man, but his english was awful.  I'm sure that's helpful in the fam med where you get young families that don't speak such good english, but I could hardly understand HIM.

Where was I?  Oh, yeah, gave in and went to the appointment.  What are my symptoms?  Dizzy, light-headed, nauseous, didn't feel well, nasty taste in my mouth...Can anyone else see guess the next question?

No?  Me either.

"Is it possible that you could be pregnant?"  [jaw dropping dramatically to the floor].

Oh Crap.  I guess I could be.

Hi Ex!  You know that one last time??  After I stopped the pill?  Because I was tired of taking MORE PILLS??

Yeah, if you've never been on the waiting end of a pregnancy test, it's a LLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG 5 minutes.

No, not pregnant.  Thank You!

And the doctors?  They don't come INTO the room giving you the results, when they start talking, they just assume that you know the answer.  So 2 minutes in you say, "So Am I Pregnant???"

And he says, Oh!  No, you're not.  LIKE ITS NOTHING.

So anyway, I don't have anything that's immediately worrisome, but I've been referred to neurology.  There wasn't any real explanation for the dizzy and lightheadedness, and when I sat and thought hard about it, I've been getting the dizzy spells for awhile now, several months.  They are bad sometimes, and getting more often.  I guess it's a good thing that I went.

Dear God, NOT FUNNY.   Amen.

1 comment:

NGS said...

Dude, I've had gray hair since I was 16. After awhile, you just get used to it!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Counter