Friday, January 30, 2009

A new form of humilation

Now, I was looking for these pans for about an hour, I was sort of at a loss to figure out the correct wording to pull these from the hundreds of thousands of items on this massive company website. I guess what I thought would happen was that one of the directors would forward this to their ordering person, who could then tell me what I needed to know. Now, as it happened, right after I sent this email I managed to find the correct search string, and found the pans. Dirctor #1 did email me and tell me to make sure that it was polypropylene, and therefore autoclavable.

-----Original Message-----
From: SMurF.
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:45 AM
To: Lab Directors, 1, 2, and 3.
Subject: order

I need to order some of the autoclave trays for the liquid waste in the BSC. Can you get me the company and catalogue#? I'm having trouble finding them.

Thanks,
SMurF

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply
From: Director #3
To: SMurF

SMurF:

Food for thought, I agree that that as co-directors, we are here to help you and everybody in the BSL-3 lab, but do you think is too much to ask us to look for the catalogue number and company of the autoclave trays? Anyway, we responded right away to your request.

Respectfully

Director #3

My jaw fell open, and I am now utterly humiliated, as he sent this to all of the other directors, a secretary, and my boss.

And the only thing I can think is, "A.s.s.h.o.l.e"

I won't be able to look at him, much less speak to him, because if I do, it won't be nice, it will be BITCHY, and I can't get kicked out of our facility before we even start working there.

And all I can think is "A.s.s.h.o.l.e"

UPDATE

My boss sent a generic apology email, and when I went to talk to him, he said he wasn't upset with me, that Director #3 was being a shit lately, next time just send it to Director's #1 and 2, and ignore #3. I felt like I lost 10lbs of stress in a 3 minute conversation. I really do like my boss.

1 comment:

Jolly Johnstons said...

Um, wow. Who peed in his Cheerio's this morning?

Counter