Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Better mood today.

I've been pretty cranky lately, I keep meaning to clean my house, but I get home, lie down, and I'm done for the duration.

However, last night I kept moving. I started by getting my insurance check finally signed by Citimortgage so that I can deposit it. Then I went in a got a few groceries. It was hard not to overspend, but when I got to the checkout, I really looked over what I had in my cart, then I took out the things I didn't need. It was pretty embarrassing, but I did it. I kept my groceries for the week down to $25. Go Me!

Last night I cleaned my bedroom. I picked all the dirty clothes, I vacuumed the rugs, washed the sheets (sort of), made the bed, made a stack of clothes and stuff to go to Goodwill, then I moved to the kitchen, I did dishes, made bread, fought with the washing machine, made apple crisp (because if I waited much longer the apples would have been REALLY bad), did more dishes, cleaned off my kitchen counter, threw away empty wine bottles, put away the full ones. I even managed to eat dinner. Go Me!

I felt very productive. Therefore, today is a better day. I might cancel the gym tonight and work on the floor in the living room and hallway.

This weekend, my extra bedroom!

1 comment:

NGS said...

I have a box of stuff I need to donate to Goodwill. It's just sitting there and has been for weeks. The box itself makes me feel guilty and unproductive. I think I have a problem.

Good job being productive. The sun setting at 5:00 has always been a problem for my productivity level in the wintertime!!

Counter