Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday before Christmas

So, I was supposed to go home today. Last night, a friend called and asked me if I'd like to go to the Symphony with him. He had bought tickets a couple of months back when he had a girlfriend, but now no longer has the girlfriend and needs someone to go with. I readily agreed, as the concert was Handel's Messiah. I've never seen a live production, much less one from such a professional event as the Large City Symphony.

But there was a selfish reason, too. I wasn't ready to go home. I didn't want to go home yet, to sit at the house alone, or to go to Brother/SIL's house, and then come home, make dinner with dad, sit and watch tv without talking, then to bed, repeat for several days in a row. To put it off one more day was great for me.

That also means I can go to my own church, and not have to struggle with going to mom's church. I can only do that so many times in a given month. It's so hard to be there with dad, my mom's friend Vlasta, SIL and niece, but no mom.

I'm already ready for Christmas to be over.

No comments:

Counter