Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hosting

I'm having a small get-together tonight, a small Christmas party for some of my friends.

I'm a very inexperienced hostess, my parents didn't really have parties or stuff like that, and I don't guess I've really paid much attention when I go over to other's houses.

I had a small breakdown wednesday night, after I realized that I had volunteered my house for this.

However, the house is cleaner than it has been in ages, there is good food in my kitchen, and one of my  friends is coming over a little early to help me with last minute preparations.

I even had time this afternoon to go buy a quick Christmas tree and hang some lights on my front porch.  The christmas tree is silver garland with blue lights, and the lights are the old-fashioned ones that get reeallllyyy hot over time.

I think I'm ready.

2 comments:

Neurotic Grad Student said...

We spent all day preparing the house, getting the groceries, and cooking for a small dinner party that was confirmed at another event just last night. And...no one showed up. We called on cell phones, we checked the news for a massive earthquake that swallowed up all our friends, but nothing.

I hope nothing is wrong with our would-be guests, but right now I am sad.

Here's hoping your party is more of a smashing success!!

Scientific Lutheran said...

Oh! That stinks! It would have broken my heart, not to mention, pretty much destroyed any desire to do it again.

Counter