Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And 15 years Later, I'm done

Oh!

I don't find an immediate mention to this, so I'll tack it on as a separate post.

I am, once again, single. Yep. Are you surprised? No, me either.

As to WHY I'm single again? no idea. He just stopped calling me after the storm. I don't know if it was something I said, did, didn't say or didn't do. I don't even know for sure that it is something from my end, though with the way I go through relationships, I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing. I don't know what that is, but I'm pretty sure it's me.

It could be that he didn't want to have to deal with my mom's cancer. It might be...well...I dont' know what else, really. But it could be something completely unrelated.

I could have stopped by his house, I drove by and his truck was there, but I was chicken, and besides, who wants to have that conversation: Hi! I noticed you haven't called me for 2 weeks. Is there something you'd like to tell me?

So instead I wrote him a note. Not a psycho, not a hysterical, not a You Are a Rotten Dog-Kissing Son of a Goat-sort of a note, just a note that says what I said above. "Hi. I noticed you haven't called me in 3 weeks! I can guess why, but it's kind of crappy that you couldn't just have told me you don't want to date anymore."

I've been dating for 15 years now. I think I'm done for now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll try again.

Dear Lord, WHY? WHY? WHY? Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...to be honest...after the Pablo incident...me too!
Roni

SUEB0B said...

I am the last person who should give advice about this.

Counter