Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"We need to talk"

The four worst words in a relationship, and especially abhorrent when coming from a man.

I have spoken to this man almost every day for the last 50 days. If we didn't talk, we texted.

All of a sudden today I don't get any text messages, he won't respond to my text messages, and he won't answer his phone.

I finally left a voice message that said, 'You haven't responded to any form of communication I have sent you today. You are 31 years old. We have been dating for 2 months. At the very least, I deserve to know why you are breaking up with me."

I'm not going to hear from him. He's not going to call. He's not going to come see me.

This was it. I don't know if I posted it previously or not, but this was it. I'm done.

It will be years now before I let this happen again. This is too hard, I put too much of myself out there to have it tossed back to me. He didn't break my heart, because I didn't let him get that close to it. But he broke a couple of dreams.

I had come to accept it. I am just destined to be single. There cannot be any other explanation. I had accepted it. I wouldn't bear children, I wouldn't be a wife, I wouldn't have that kind of life.

He made me think that I could have that. And that hurts me worse than anything else he could have done. I wish he had just broken my heart.

No comments:

Counter