Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mom's PET Scan

So, last week mom had a PET scan done at her small regional hospital. Today they had he appointment with the oncologist. Not bad news, but not good news, either. The tumor's haven't grown since the last scan, about 4 or 5 months ago now, but they haven't shrunk, either. Basically, the cancer has stopped responding to the chemo they can give her there.

So, they are referring mom to the Large Cancer Hospital (LCH). Fortunately, we aren't too far, close enough to drive in for treatments, appointments, whatever. I don't know how this will work. I guess I'm going to have to use some sick time to go with them when they go in for treatments. I know dad will tell me I don't need to go in, I don't have to go in, but I will anyway.

My brother called me, asked me if dad had talked to me. I said yes, then he asked me how dad had sounded. I had already been thinking about that. Dad sounded...defeated is a good word. This spring was so hard on him, that when mom came home and was responding to the chemo, he put it all behind him. It really knocked his legs out from under him that mom will have to go to for treatment at the LCH (Large Cancer Hospital). I'm once again going to have to be the one holding dad up so that dad can hold mom up.

Dear Lord, watch over us all. Amen
PS, Jesus, I REALLY do have enough patience now. I don't think I'm due for any more patience lessons right now. Amen

1 comment:

sheree said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her and your entire family in my prayers.

Take care.

Counter