Thursday, August 7, 2008

That's alright, God, I got it...

Awhile back I posted this post, about my bathroom door. Recently, well, it's actually been going on for more than a month, my toilet has been leaking, the flapper doesn't close good, so the tank is always leaking into the bowl, and my last water bill was HUGE. I Finally made it to Home Depot, and while I was there buying a new flapper for the tank, I bought some long wood screws. I went home, fixed the toilet (it took not even 5 minutes and less than $10, it's sad that it took me more than 6 weeks to do something about it), called a friend, she came over, and in 10 more minutes, my bathroom door was fixed.

Now, this could be divine intervention (You don't actually NEED a man to do this kind of stuff for you!), this could be my stubborn independent streak that finally got tired of waiting for someone else to fix it, this could be boredom, I don't really know what sparked this series of actions, but I am very pleased with myself, and a little embarrassed that it took me so long to fix something so minor.

Lord, whatever inspired this home maintenance urge, thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Counter