Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Plan: Part I

This all started because my friend on myspace is perpetually posting pictures (that's kind of poetic!) of going to the lake where bunches of boats are tied together and lots of pretty people are drinking beer. Everyone is smiling and having a good time, and I never do stuff like that, and I'm a little jealous. I want to go play on the lake with cute boys and drink beer and have fun.

So, after a raining and disappointing 4th of July (in which we swam in the rain, because, By God, we WERE going to play in the water), my friend Michelle and I decided that we wanted to go tubing on a river, drink beer, take pictures and have fun.

Michelle and I had made tentative plans to go to River A. We had friends with connections in La Quinta, so we were going to get a CHEAP hotel room, we had 3 or 4 friends that were interested in going with us, and we had decided that we would plan to go this weekend, the weekend before Labor Day weekend.

This was before the boyfriend was around.

Once we had been dating for awhile, I decided that it would be OK to invite him.

If Only I had known...

No comments:

Counter