Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Plan: The Execution

While Michelle and I were at Wal-Mart, shopping for The Trip, bf text-messaged me. I called him, as it was a bit of a cryptic message. I told him that we were at Wal-Mart, shopping for The Trip. He said, "I might have some bad news."

Might? That's kind of vague. Do you, or don't you, have bad news?

Well, all bf's friends decided that they didn't want to camp in the rain. So they all bailed on him. Ok, well that left me, bf and MIchelle. Michelle and I were STILL game, still willing to camp in the mud (it had stopped raining thursday morning, and by the afternoon it was hot and clear, if muddy). Plus, with all the rain, the river should be running well.

Now, as an aside, bf's promotion was made official this week. He was made foreman (Go BF!!), but that meant that they wanted him to take a 'How to be a Good Foreman' class on Friday. Friday, the day that he was supposed get off so that we could leave early in the afternoon. Friday, the day we were supposed to go to the concert in a town several hours away. Friday, the VERY NEXT DAY. He wasn't sure he would want to go after working all day.

STILL, Michelle and I were game. I told him, go to work, when you get off, Michelle and I would be packed and ready to go, we didn't have to camp, we could get cheap La Quinta tickets in the concert town and go tubing in the morning.

I got a text message at 10am on friday morning, 'Babe, I'm not interested in going on a road trip this weekend. Sorry.'

Sorry? SORRY?? You're SORRY??

No comments:

Counter