Monday, August 18, 2008

God has a sense of humor

Ok, so bf and I are good. He's still a little iffy about the fact that I pick at my cuticles, but he's gotten over it.

Now, one of my good friends who reads this might be a little offended by this next bit, because she is a good christian woman, but it's just too damn funny, so I need to share it.

For me, one of the perks of having a boyfriend is the sex. In fact, it is one of the top 5 things I like about having a boyfriend. I'm not into random sex, so while I COULD get sex at any time, I don't. So, the first time we had sex, I pretty much told him this. And then, since it had been more than a year, I pretty much jumped him. In the intervening couple of weeks, he's decided that I moved to fast, and he's cut me off. He. cut. me. off. I haven't had sex in more than a year, we had sex twice, and he CUT ME OFF. What makes me laugh is that there are only a handful of men who could successfully pull this off. And he has. And I realized tonight that God sent me a man who is making me WAIT FOR SEX.

There are very few men who could pull this off without alienating me. Besides that, how many men do you know that have a willing woman in bed and tell them, that's ok, not now?? I've NEVER met one before.

Now, he's got me curious, and I'm waiting to see what he'll get me to do next. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? This might even be a man who could make me add the 'obey' into the wedding vows.

Dear Lord, I know I asked for a good man, but next time I ask for something, please double check with me before you just hand it to me. AMEN.

No comments:

Counter