Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yard work

My neighbor to my west mows my front yard, and my neighbor to my east mows my back yard behind my fence, so the yard that I have that is fenced behind my house had gotten pretty high. It seemed like a waste to start my gas mower to mow a 10-yard square patch of grass. One day last week a kid came by, asking if I had any yard work for him to so. I said YES, and had him mow my back yard. Except I forgot to tell him that there was a septic-line clean out trap back there. So he ran over it. So now there is raw sewage in the low part of my back yard, and pooling under my house. Now, I don't know if it was leaking before and I didn't notice it because the grass was REALLY high, or if when he hit it he cracked it way down in the ground, and now it's leaking. At any rate, any small amount of money I had left from the government Stimulus Package will now go to the plumber. Oh, the joys of owning a house.

No comments:

Counter