Sunday, July 20, 2008

What to post...

So. I have a boyfriend.

It happened sort of quick. About 3 weeks from nothing to talking every day.

I've been single a long time, so this is a huge adjustment for me.

This is a good thing. This is a nice man, a good man. His younger sister has 2 kids, aged 3 and 4, and he has stepped in as a father figure for them, and he goes home to them each weekend. He is affectionate, sweet, smart, funny, cute, has a job, and seems to enjoy spending time with me. He is amused by me, which is good. He holds me tight when he hugs me.

On the other hand.

He wants to see me EVERY DAY. He wants to talk to me at least once a day, and sometimes calls me 3 or 4 times. I have many friends, and I do a lot after work during the week. I volunteer each wednesday. I have dinner with at least one friend a week, sometimes I have dinner with 2 or 3 different friends during the week. I often have plans during the weekend, not the least of which is the weekly lunch I have with my friends after church.

I know we have to combine our worlds. We have to find a way to bring our 2 worlds together, to make room for my independence, my friends and my commitments with his job, his family, and his commitments.

It will be an interesting few months.

Dear Lord, I feel like this is a gift from you, that if I give you free reign (like I have a choice...) this will be a good and beneficial relationship, for both of us. Show us the way, give us patience with each other, grace in you, faith for him, and strength for me. Amen

No comments:

Counter